ad two

Monday, June 1, 2020

Artist Block

Hello world,

I got a divorce.  Yes that's right, I'm starting off with that, mainly because I feel it has something to do with my artist block.  Let me back up, when I was married I used art as an escape, I used art to get out my frustrations, I used my art to make me feel better.

Using art was good at the time but now its not the same.  I'm in a really good relationship, I have a great job (non-art), I'm making good money, I bought a house...things couldn't be better.

For the last year I've been working on an animation project.  It's been an excellent experience because I've learned the necessity of planning.  Before I'd just start something and work on it randomly, it was total chaos.  But now I've learned to be patient and maintaining focus on one thing at a time.

Funny, I still sit for hours and work on nothing.  Nothing for hours.

Back in Vegas I had a artist community, some friends, some frenemies.  When I was around other artists I had more artistic energy, now I struggle to find any.  Not because of the pandemic, but because I feel like the Bee Girl in the Blind Melon video, looking for my group of Bee's...but I'm getting tired of looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment